Black Lion Session

Thursday, September 07, 2006

From Philippa

Hi - Thanks for a great evening on Monday and - good idea about the blog. I should be posting this, maybe,but I haven't worked out how to do that. How do you get the musical notation posted? Do you have a program for doing music or are the tunes scanned?? (I use a program called Capella for sort ofword-processing music.)I had an idea a while ago that it would be a good idea to have a website devoted to all the Irish/folk musicin and around Northampton. You could try and get the pubs and other places to send notice of sessions and gigs, so you had a really big time-table of stuff going on. Then with a bit of work you could get links to the various musicians, pubs, the Comhaltas - anyone who wanted to put up their information. And a chatty bloggy bit like you've started. I guess there is perhaps a local folk site already. It was just wanting to know about all the Irish music that first made me think of it.Just dreaming anyway ...See you soon - Philippa

Philippa.
All the music the I have posted so far has come from www.thesession.org (link on the Right) and that lets you down load an image file of the music. Then when you post a message here there is a button that says add image; follow the onscreen instuctions add hey presto there it is.

Paul D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home